The Yamaha oboe has made me better. No doubt everyone is tired of hearing me rhapsodize about this instrument, but it's revolutionized my approach. I can just play, and if I do my job right it does its job too. Believing that my oboe will work every time makes me relax. I have always feared low attacks, but with this instrument, my new reed style, and my new articulation technique I don't any more. The exciting revelation, though, came very recently. My Yamaha cracked while I was playing 3rd oboe and English horn in Milwaukee several weeks ago. I quickly sent it down to Carlos Coelho, who pinned it, sealed it, and put inserts in the tone holes. I got it back as good as new, and played it for several more concerts, including Extase this past weekend. When I pulled it out Monday morning, the pre-existing crack had opened wide and a large new one had materialized. My pretty oboe is on a truck now, on its way to service. So now I am in Milwaukee ag...
Thank you for posting this Jennet! I am really looking forward to performing the Loeffler again with you and Sharon!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a superb musician - and any performance with you is always an inspiration - even during a blizzard! :)))
Cheers,
Paulie
Thanks, Paul! I love the video and the work you've done, and I can't WAIT to play with you guys again in November!
ReplyDeleteJennet
You sound wonderful! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete